Walk with us through one of Washington’s oldest neighborhoods. From the President’s House to the Department of Everything Else, we visit it all.
(1) What war memorial almost became a permanent mausoleum for two homeless people in 1962? (2) How is it that the artist Aleijadinho sculpted a work outside of the OAS when he doesn’t exist?
Monica Lewinski, All The President’s Men, GW River Horse, Albert Einstein, Ansel Adams, Alec Baldwin
Watergate Scandal, Ghost of Six Great Washingtonians, Philip Barton Key II Murder, Octagon House’s Stairway of Death
Explore the trendy former artist haven known as “The Village”. From potter’s fields to “Positively 4th Street”, we visit it all.
(1) What Friends star was offered the lead role in Men in Black prior to Will Smith? (2) What former celebrity was so good at managing family life on the road that he actually started “2” families?
Bob Dylan, Dylan Thomas, Sex Pistols, Big Lebowski, Friends, Edgar Allen Poe, Tina Turner, Jimi Hendrix
Murder of Nancy Spungen, John Wilkes Booth, Prohibition, Operation Midnight Climax, Chicago Seven, House of Terror
Walk amongst the hustle and bustle of NYC’s busiest commercial district. From museums and shopping to shiny skyscrapers and gothic cathedrals, we visit it all.
(1) Where in Midtown can one trace the origins of the New York Yankees logo to? (2) Just how many pairs of panties was Marilyn Monroe wearing during her famous Seven Year Itch scene?
The Beatles, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Big, Mad Men, Dave Mathews Band, Marilyn Monroe, Scent of a Woman
Conor Clapton, 1st Speeding Ticket on Lexington Avenue, Bernie Madoff, Cell phone scandals at the University Club
Come explore Washington D.C.’s grandest expanse of museums and monuments. From Presidents Washington to Obama and dinosaurs to modern art, we visit it all.
(1) What assassin toured a DC jail asking to see his future home just before killing a US President? (2) Where can one see evidence of the only bullet fired in DC during WWII?
Mark Twain, Eddie Van Halen, Kermit the Frog, Star Trek, Farrah Fawcett
Hope Diamond Curse, Golden Peacocks, Pearl Harbor, Missing bones of James Smithson, Assassination of President James A. Garfield
Come experience a perfect mix of NYC with iconic skyscrapers, mafia, and mansions. From quaint Murray Hill to the busiest train terminal in the world, we visit it all.
(1) What iconic skyscraper did New Yorkers vote as the one they would most like demolished? (2) What building was constructed to allow its owner to look down on Henry Ford and s**t on the world?
Sliver, Gremlins 2, George Costanza, Friends With Benefits, The Wiz, Superman, The Godfather, Catch Me If You Can
Holocaust, “Big Paulie” Castellano, John Gotti, Civil War Draft Riots, Gangs of New York, Most Despised Building in NYC
Come experience NYC’s haven for celebrity luxury apartments, museums, music and much more. From the site of the birth of Rock ‘n’ Roll to the death of Rock ‘n’ Roll, we visit it all.
(1) Where can one get the best hotdog in New York City? (2) Why does Columbus Circle suddenly feel a bit less safe after learning about its inventor?
Alex Rodriguez, West Side Story, Bono, James Dean, Allman Brother, Babe Ruth, Conan O’Brien, Jerry Seinfeld, Joan Baez
Ghostbusters, “Needle Park”, Payola, Chicago Black Sox, The Westies gang, Death of John Lennon, The Seinfeld Rule
Come explore the oldest streets in Manhattan. From trading beads in Battery Park to trading stocks on Wall Street, we visit it all.
(1) What building upon its completion cast such a massive shadow on the city that it led to the creation of the modern day skyscraper? (2) Why is a transfer of funds a back-breaking experience at the Federal Reserve?
National Treasure, Oliver Stone, Batman, Donald Trump, Men in Black, Manchurian Candidate, Kate and Leopold
September 11, Ghost of St. Paul the Apostle, Wall Street Bombing, Captain Kidd, Great NY Fire of 1835, Ghostbusters
Continue to explore regions of the Upper West Side we couldn’t get to in our full-length tour. From Civil War monuments to tiny Tudor villages, we visit it all.
(1) Where can one move to be both a neighbor to Liz Lemon and Will Truman? (2) What will a $5 million StairMaster buy you in the Upper West Side?
Night at the Museum, Jerry Seinfeld, Moby, Will & Grace, 30 Rock, Santa Claus
Joan of Arc, “Seinfeld Rule”, Lost City of Gold
Visit some of downtown Boston’s most popular destinations as we cover one-half of the downtown space. From Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market to the Birthplace of Benjamin Franklin and the Site of the Boston Massacre, we visit it all.
(1) Which our founding fathers asked European academia to “Fart Proudly”? (2) Which Boston graveyard contains a stone which is said to be the inspiration for The Scarlet Letter?
March of the Penguins, Legal Sea Foods, Cheers, The Scarlet Letter, Malcolm X, John F Kennedy
Boston Massacre, Captain Kidd, Hungarian Revolution, Boston Tea Party, John Wilkes Booth
There’s more to Boston than the Freedom Trail and IWalked is showing you what you’re missing. From Trinity Church and Cheers to Quincy Market and Boston Harbor, we visit it all.
(1) What famous landmark led local Bostonians to be wary of glass falling on their heads? (2) What piece of Boston history were all Colonists required to know in fear of being labeled a British spy?
Cheers, Captain Kidd, The Scarlet Letter, Malcolm X, Emeril Lagasse, Mark Twain, The Departed, Glory
Boston Massacre, Ugliest building in the world, Sacco & Vanzetti, Witch hangings, Murder District
Once a proud ethnic neighborhood. Now a case study for urban redevelopment. From the old neighborhood streets and churches (Old West Church) to the peaceful Esplanade, we visit it all.
(1) How the hell does one really get into the New England Sports Museum? (2) What does one local church have to do with the Manhattan Project?
Ringling Brother and Barnum & Bailey Circus, The Boston Garden, Star Trek, Leif Ericson, Dennis Lehane, Boston Pops 4th of July Celebration
James “Whitey” Bulger, Boston Italian Mafia, George Parkman Murder, Egyptian Mummies, 1919 Boston Police Strike
From burlesque houses to City Hall. From the 1st telephone to the 1st city streets, we visit it all.
(1) If Marty McFly were to travel forward in time, where in Boston could he always be guaranteed an escalator ride? (2) When does $.99 equate to more than $3MM?
Abbott and Costello, Rocky Marciano, Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, 300 (the movie), Rolling Stones
Burlesque shows, Ugliest building in the world, Holocaust, Boston Tea Party
Hang out with some of Boston’s slimiest, dirtiest worm-ridden filth (sometimes quite literally) as we visit the sites of Boston’s most infamous crime scenes and haunted locales.
(1) What site in Boston is possibly the greatest crime ever known to the city and voted the ugliest building “in the entire world?” (2) What clientele were determined to have their rights violated for being served lobster every day?
Steven Spielberg, Captain Kidd, The Scarlet Letter, Malcolm X, Todd English, Real World, The Departed
Brink’s Job, Italian Mafia, Sacco & Vanzetti, Charles Ponzi, Boston Massacre, Witch hangings, Boston Strangler, George Parkman Murder.
Take a leisurely stroll through the nation’s oldest park and public garden. From graveyards to rose gardens, we visit it all.
(1) Why does it seem a little odd for Robin Williams & Matt Damon to be chatting in the Public Garden? (2) What Boston Common monument used the mayor’s face to replace that of a historic figure?
Pope John Paul II, Glory, Good Will Hunting, Make Way For Ducklings, Football, $1 Bill, The Jungle Book
Witch hangings, Pope’s Day, Grave digging, Statues that (a) disappear partially and/or completely, (b) are so bad they had to be replaced, & (c) are too controversial for a woman to sculpt.
Experience 19th century America in Boston’s most preserved and revered neighborhood. From the Massachusetts State House to the most photographed street in America, we visit it all.
(1) What caused Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to take out an ad in a Boston newspaper declaring, “JB Rhine is an ass?” (2) What initiated the brawl on the Senate floor that nearly killed 1 senator while on-looking senators watched at gun point?
Cheers, Thomas Crowne Affair, Spencer for Hire, Real World, What’s The Worst That Could Happen, Saving Private Ryan
The Highway Man (aka The Book of Skin), The Blonde Witch of Lime Street, Mount Whoredom and the Boston Strangler.
Grab your cannoli & espresso as we tour Boston’s Little Italy. From Paul Revere and the Old North Church to Copp’s Hill Cemetery and the site of the Boston Molasses Disaster, we visit it all.
(1) What’s more embarrassing than misspelling 1 street name on a building? (2) How did Boston’s Little Italy manage to squeeze in the entire Doge’s Palace into its borders?
Narrowest home, Stop & Shop, Moby Dick, Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy
Brink’s Job, Sacco & Vanzetti, Murder District, Edgar Allen Poe
Walk with us as we share the highlights (and many sites in-between) along Boston’s most popular tour—The Freedom Trail. From the Site of the Boston Massacre to the serene Boston Common, we visit it all.
(1) Which famous Boston hotel has had the likes of Ho Chi Min and Emeril Lagasse work there? (2) Which our founding fathers asked European academia to “Fart Proudly”?
Ben Affleck, Mother Goose, Charles Dickens, The Scarlet Letter, Edgar Allen Poe, John F Kennedy
Most haunted hotel, Boston Massacre, Holocaust, Captain Kidd, Brinks Job, Boston Tea Party