Visit some of downtown Boston’s most popular destinations as we cover one-half of the downtown space. From Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market to the Birthplace of Benjamin Franklin and the Site of the Boston Massacre, we visit it all.
(1) Which our founding fathers asked European academia to “Fart Proudly”? (2) Which Boston graveyard contains a stone which is said to be the inspiration for The Scarlet Letter?
March of the Penguins, Legal Sea Foods, Cheers, The Scarlet Letter, Malcolm X, John F Kennedy
Boston Massacre, Captain Kidd, Hungarian Revolution, Boston Tea Party, John Wilkes Booth
There’s more to Boston than the Freedom Trail and IWalked is showing you what you’re missing. From Trinity Church and Cheers to Quincy Market and Boston Harbor, we visit it all.
(1) What famous landmark led local Bostonians to be wary of glass falling on their heads? (2) What piece of Boston history were all Colonists required to know in fear of being labeled a British spy?
Cheers, Captain Kidd, The Scarlet Letter, Malcolm X, Emeril Lagasse, Mark Twain, The Departed, Glory
Boston Massacre, Ugliest building in the world, Sacco & Vanzetti, Witch hangings, Murder District
Once a proud ethnic neighborhood. Now a case study for urban redevelopment. From the old neighborhood streets and churches (Old West Church) to the peaceful Esplanade, we visit it all.
(1) How the hell does one really get into the New England Sports Museum? (2) What does one local church have to do with the Manhattan Project?
Ringling Brother and Barnum & Bailey Circus, The Boston Garden, Star Trek, Leif Ericson, Dennis Lehane, Boston Pops 4th of July Celebration
James “Whitey” Bulger, Boston Italian Mafia, George Parkman Murder, Egyptian Mummies, 1919 Boston Police Strike
From burlesque houses to City Hall. From the 1st telephone to the 1st city streets, we visit it all.
(1) If Marty McFly were to travel forward in time, where in Boston could he always be guaranteed an escalator ride? (2) When does $.99 equate to more than $3MM?
Abbott and Costello, Rocky Marciano, Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, 300 (the movie), Rolling Stones
Burlesque shows, Ugliest building in the world, Holocaust, Boston Tea Party
Hang out with some of Boston’s slimiest, dirtiest worm-ridden filth (sometimes quite literally) as we visit the sites of Boston’s most infamous crime scenes and haunted locales.
(1) What site in Boston is possibly the greatest crime ever known to the city and voted the ugliest building “in the entire world?” (2) What clientele were determined to have their rights violated for being served lobster every day?
Steven Spielberg, Captain Kidd, The Scarlet Letter, Malcolm X, Todd English, Real World, The Departed
Brink’s Job, Italian Mafia, Sacco & Vanzetti, Charles Ponzi, Boston Massacre, Witch hangings, Boston Strangler, George Parkman Murder.
Take a leisurely stroll through the nation’s oldest park and public garden. From graveyards to rose gardens, we visit it all.
(1) Why does it seem a little odd for Robin Williams & Matt Damon to be chatting in the Public Garden? (2) What Boston Common monument used the mayor’s face to replace that of a historic figure?
Pope John Paul II, Glory, Good Will Hunting, Make Way For Ducklings, Football, $1 Bill, The Jungle Book
Witch hangings, Pope’s Day, Grave digging, Statues that (a) disappear partially and/or completely, (b) are so bad they had to be replaced, & (c) are too controversial for a woman to sculpt.
Experience 19th century America in Boston’s most preserved and revered neighborhood. From the Massachusetts State House to the most photographed street in America, we visit it all.
(1) What caused Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to take out an ad in a Boston newspaper declaring, “JB Rhine is an ass?” (2) What initiated the brawl on the Senate floor that nearly killed 1 senator while on-looking senators watched at gun point?
Cheers, Thomas Crowne Affair, Spencer for Hire, Real World, What’s The Worst That Could Happen, Saving Private Ryan
The Highway Man (aka The Book of Skin), The Blonde Witch of Lime Street, Mount Whoredom and the Boston Strangler.
Grab your cannoli & espresso as we tour Boston’s Little Italy. From Paul Revere and the Old North Church to Copp’s Hill Cemetery and the site of the Boston Molasses Disaster, we visit it all.
(1) What’s more embarrassing than misspelling 1 street name on a building? (2) How did Boston’s Little Italy manage to squeeze in the entire Doge’s Palace into its borders?
Narrowest home, Stop & Shop, Moby Dick, Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy
Brink’s Job, Sacco & Vanzetti, Murder District, Edgar Allen Poe
Walk with us as we share the highlights (and many sites in-between) along Boston’s most popular tour—The Freedom Trail. From the Site of the Boston Massacre to the serene Boston Common, we visit it all.
(1) Which famous Boston hotel has had the likes of Ho Chi Min and Emeril Lagasse work there? (2) Which our founding fathers asked European academia to “Fart Proudly”?
Ben Affleck, Mother Goose, Charles Dickens, The Scarlet Letter, Edgar Allen Poe, John F Kennedy
Most haunted hotel, Boston Massacre, Holocaust, Captain Kidd, Brinks Job, Boston Tea Party